Fund of Hedge Funds
BlackRock Alternative Advisors (BAA) has managed traditional funds of hedge funds portfolios and provided custom hedge fund solutions for more than 15 years. We work with investors seeking alternatives to the risks found in traditional equity or fixed income portfolios.
We have expertise in structuring and managing both core and custom portfolios of hedge funds. Through our systems and personnel we seek to comprehensively measure, understand and manage risk in these portfolios. In addition, the capabilities and global reach of the broader BlackRock platform can result in benefits for our clients including favorable counterparty arrangements and a network of relationships from which we source information and deal flow.
Why choose BlackRock?
- Beneficial structure: We offer the resources of a global asset management firm combined with the agility and autonomy of a distinct business focused on hedge fund opportunities.
- Aligned incentives: We make significant investments in BAA funds alongside our clients, which supports a strong alignment of interests.
- Diverse capabilities: We source and evaluate both traditional and niche hedge funds and hedge fund-related investments.
- Disciplined risk management: We aim for every risk position to be deliberate, diversified and appropriately scaled. We seek to position fund portfolios in a manner we believe balances risk and return objectives.
- Structured and negotiated terms: We seek to leverage our size, experience and position in the industry to negotiate favorable terms and structures with hedge fund managers.
Our goal is to partner with our clients to achieve success over the long term. We offer investors hedge fund exposure via a variety of products, including:
- Core: Provides broad exposure to a diversified portfolio of hedge fund strategies and managers.
- Opportunistic: Provides focused exposure to specific hedge fund strategies that seek to capitalize on current market opportunities, provide portfolio completion or exposure to specific geographies within the hedge fund landscape.
- Custom: Provides portfolios and advisory relationships that are tailored to specific client objectives and constraints.
- Hybrid: Closed end vehicles that pursue hedge fund seeding or co-investing activities.
For inquiries on these products, please email: email@example.com.