Private Equity - Direct & Funds of Funds
BlackRock Private Equity Partners (“PEP”): A Trusted Partner in Private Market Solutions
We are excited to share the news with you that on September 4, 2012, BlackRock acquired Swiss Re Private Equity Partners (“SRPEP”), the European private equity and infrastructure fund of funds franchise of Swiss Re. The transaction will bring the combined team’s total commitments under management to $15 billion, strengthening our position as one of the world’s most established and respected private equity solutions providers.
Founded in 1999, BlackRock PEP invests in primary funds, secondaries and direct co-investment opportunities through core funds, satellite funds and customized separate accounts. The team's senior investment professionals have a broad spectrum of private equity knowledge, experience and relationships developed during the past three decades working in the industry.
Why choose BlackRock?
- Experience: Our global, dedicated team of investment professionals has extensive private equity knowledge. Some of our senior professionals have been investing in private equity since the 1980s, offering clients a balanced perspective gained from experience across the spectrum of market cycles.
- Risk management: We place a strong emphasis on risk control and maintaining a consistent and rigorous investment process. Our approach combines fundamental due diligence and research with prudent diversification. It is designed to identify successful opportunities across a diverse range of industries, geographies and investment strategies.
- Relationships: We have an extensive general partner network and experience evaluating general partners and underlying deals. We gain insight into general partners' investment discipline by working side-by-side on co-investments.
PEP invests globally across the spectrum of private equity, including venture capital, buyouts, mezzanine, distressed, special situations and natural resources. PEP's products include:
- Core fund of funds
- Focused funds
- Venture capital and growth-oriented funds of funds
- Direct co-investment funds
- Strategy-specific funds of funds.
Direct Private Equity and Infrastructure
In addition to our funds of private equity funds platform, BlackRock has considerable expertise investing directly in private equity globally. Our private equity capabilities span a broad range of industries and sectors including general and energy-related infrastructure, healthcare, business services, consumer, energy, minerals and mining, agriculture, transportation and financial services. BlackRock's global presence and its comprehensive investment and risk management capabilities provide our clients with access to an extraordinary set of illiquid investment opportunities.
For inquiries on these products, please email: email@example.com.