Scientific Active Equity
BlackRock has pioneered scientific active equity (SAE) investment solutions since 1985. Part of our legacy is Richard Grinold and Ronald Kahn’s Active Portfolio Management and the related Fundamental Law of Active Management.
Our investment philosophy is built on Total Performance Management, which is balancing risk, return and cost while seeking consistent outperformance. We use technology to systematically apply our investment insights in a risk controlled framework, with the goal of maximizing alpha for a given level of risk.
Why BlackRock for SAE solutions?
- Commitment: We act as an independent fiduciary for our clients and are completely focused on asset management. Our culture is built on integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Risk management: Rigorous risk management has been part of BlackRock's culture since its inception. Our independent Risk and Quantitative Analysis group combines expert professionals with proprietary technology resources to support the SAE platform.
- Research excellence: We actively manage portfolios built on proprietary research with the goal of delivering consistent outperformance to our clients. Our Active Equities Research Group has teams in London, San Francisco and Sydney. Research experts work closely with dedicated regional portfolio managers and trading teams.
- Global advantage: BlackRock provides access to the opportunities and information available to us as a global asset manager. Trading venues we offer include internal crossing, direct market access and program trading. The results can include minimized implementation expenses and lower transaction costs.
SAE offers strategies across the risk spectrum. They include:
- Long Only “Alpha Tilts”
- Partial Short “130/30”
- Total Return/Equity Market Neutral
Canadian SAE strategies can be managed to the following benchmarks:
- S&P/TSX Composite Index
- S&P/TSX Equity Index
- S&P/TSX Completion Index
- MSCI Canada Index
For inquiries on these products, please email: email@example.com.