BlackRock Solutions® leverages its enterprise investment platform, Aladdin®, to offer customized investment accounting services to a wide range of global financial institutions. By combining insurance industry expertise with investment management, accounting and performance measurement tools, BlackRock Solutions provides investment accounting services for over $170 billion in assets.
BlackRock Solutions has vast experience meeting the specialized requirements of sophisticated organizations with multiple managers, numerous legal entities with different domiciles, and complex portfolio structures. Our investment accounting solutions are tailored to meet client-specific needs and include accounting reports in multiple bases (US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS, statutory, and tax), comprehensive custodian reconciliation and performance measurement.
On a daily basis, BlackRock Solutions processes trades and corporate actions, and reconciles cash activity with custodians on behalf of its investment accounting clients. This provides the foundation for the end of month process of preparing and balancing accounting reports and transmitting summary journal entries to our clients’ general ledger systems. A customized suite of reports is produced to meet management and regulatory requirements, and an active and risk adjusted performance analysis is provided. BlackRock Solutions interacts with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) to obtain security valuations and ratings on behalf of our insurance company clients, and a Schedule D extract can be prepared in various annual statement packages.
Many Investment Accounting clients leverage other complementary BlackRock Solutions Services such as risk analytics.
- Multiple bases: US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS, statutory, and tax
- Independent trade capture
- Comprehensive custodian reconciliation
- Journal entry transmission to general ledger
- Schedule D preparation
- NAIC/SVO security ratings and valuations
- Monthly NAV and financial reporting on each portfolio
- Performance measurement in accordance with GIPS
- Compliance monitoring and regulatory reporting
- Comprehensive and flexible services offering
- Leading technology platform
- Experienced team of professionals
- Highest levels of data accuracy through rigorous quality control processes
- Help clients comply with regulatory changes
- Insurance industry is a strategic focus for BlackRock